The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator

Go down 
+30
KrazySocks
dukefan2010
crashoveride
lancelot
Ziggy
Phoebe
dancing phalanges
WhatThatMeans
HannahBooth
RubyRuby
HANNAH!
joybrennan
bugaboo628
Faye
wazo29
HERNAMEISHANNAH
PoopyPantsMcGee
MI_Bonesgirl
sparklyshoes
Admin
HannahLover
bonesfan158
Amanda.Marshall
AdbyAdby
jro54
smile0303
himbeer29
SnoopGirl
mkpint
mereva
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RubyRuby
Administrator
RubyRuby

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:39 am

Excellent! No trouble at all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:48 am

@wazo29: The "seen - unseen" buttons are working fine, just tested them with IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari.
This problem is not a new one though. But usually it's not a server problem, but the one of your own browser - for whatever reasons it doesn't "see" any changes. It happens. Most frequently I saw it with IE6 and IE7. IE8 is a bit better. But it happens with every other internet browser as well. To prevent it, you should regularly delete your "temporary internet files".
If it doesn't help (and sometimes it doesn't), I simply save my Favorites - and then reinstall the browser. THAT helps always. Smile
Back to top Go down
wazo29
Squintern
Squintern
wazo29

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:08 am

oh, okay my lovely,...thank you very much for taking the time.....many thanks
Back to top Go down
jro54
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
jro54

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:08 pm

I posted a thread in the discussion called, "Does anyone still like this show anymore"...and a mod/admin deleted it. Is that really happens? When someone posts something that the mods/admins disagree with...it just gets deleted? If so...I'm sorry but that isn't being respectful to others. I know most of the mods/admins disagree with me...and try to respect their opinions. It doesn't make them right or wrong...and I have to right to speak my opinionjust like everyone else can scream and complain about this show...and Hart's writing sucks.

Last edited by jro54 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RubyRuby
Administrator
RubyRuby

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:13 pm

It has been explained in the Message from Moderator section, why we have these threads. It has been working well since we started it. They are places for people to vent with people of the same of similar opinions, without it resulting in bickering and subsequent heated arguements.

Everybody is NOT going to have the same opinion about the show, and we need to respect that that is ALLOWED! Therefore, yes TFF is a home for ALL Bones fans, regardless of if they happy, angry, neutral, excited, sad etc.

If you don't consider those who are pessimsitic, fans of the show any longer, then that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However, I am yet to see one post in this forum which states "I hate Bones." I have however seen people backing up their opinions on the show with reasons why they feel that way, and that IMO is what a forum for discussion is all about.

It is rather upsetting that our differences and unique perspectives are having a negative effect rather than helping us to understand, and respect one another. It is also upsetting to see people wanting to cancel their accounts becasue of this. If you have any issues and concerns, please address them to the admins via a PM. Airing these concerns in threads which are for specific subjects does not help the situation, it just makes other posters upset, and feel as though they are to blame, for having an opinion.
Back to top Go down
jro54
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
jro54

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm not going to cancel my account. I have many friends on this board...that I would still like to keep in contact with and PM. I just sort of wrote that before I really thought about it. I didn't mean that people "hate" this show. I mean "dislike." Almost every post a read is about how this show sucks...and Hart's writing sucks...but if people have nothing else to say except nasty comments about how this show...and Hart's writing, I have to wonder if anyone still likes this show. I thought this was a place for Bones fans. People who love this show...and want to talk about it...but instead people are coming on here with nothing but comments about Bones...and Hart's writing. I just feel like there is so much hate about this show. I'm sorry...if I caused you gusy any trouble....or if I offended any of you.

...I won't be posting in open forums anymore...except for maybe the Only Optimist thread.
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 12:26 am

Just for the record, the post WAS NOT deleted. It was simply moved to the correct thread because it was off topic in the thread it was in.
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:55 pm

LOVE THE NEW BANNER! TO WHOM DO WE OWN THANKS? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Adam created it, he gets all the brownie points! thumbsup1 scoring god hug applaud clap :clapclap: woot

(I screamed at this banner by reinstalling it for the 8th time - it didn't want to "work" properly all of sudden during the day.)
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 5:09 pm

THANK YOU, ADAM!

Also, just a random thought, The Founding Fathers is like an upscale bar...aside from drink nostrovia what do you do at bars: socialize, Very Happy party2 celebrate happy occasions birthday cake ...and complain to the bartenders about everything going wrong in your life. Smile I think we have the best "Bones" forum name ever!
Back to top Go down
AdbyAdby
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist
AdbyAdby

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 5:15 pm

NP at all i hope you all like it, Ruby pick the images i just created it
Back to top Go down
RubyRuby
Administrator
RubyRuby

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Joy: Awwww grouphug
Back to top Go down
WhatThatMeans
Special Agent
Special Agent

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 3:27 pm

I love the labels/designations that are now underneath our screen names. A lot of boards have different labels that are dependent on individual post counts, and it's always fun to see yourself get to the next "level," as well as see what the labels are for the higher levels.
Back to top Go down
dancing phalanges
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 6:21 pm

Thanks for the Psychologist designation. Er...does that make me Sweets?? Oy vey.
Back to top Go down
jro54
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
jro54

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Someone deleted one of my posts...and said it was off topic and attacking other posters. I completely disagree. My post was a responce to the article. I wrote..."*sigh* this is going to turn into another pity party...where people talk all about this show sucks...and HH's writing sucks...except the optimist thread. I like this article. It's funny...but I don't think Hannah is Booth's dream girl. Hannah will leave eventually...just like every other storyline, her storyline will end eventually." I would be happy to delete some of my post if people found it a offensive...but "I like this article. It's funny...but I don't think Hannah is Booth's dream girl." That's my responce to the article. I don't know what it is. I still like this show. I like to talk about...but if the mods are going to delete my posts just because I like to talk about things that I do like about this show...isntead of complaining about of the shit that's wrong this show, I don't think that's fair.

I'm the kind of girl who always speaks her mind. I have a really big mouth...so I get a little pissed when mods just delete my post.
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:30 pm

jro54 wrote:
Someone deleted one of my posts...and said it was off topic and attacking other posters. I completely disagree. My post was a responce to the article. I wrote..."*sigh* this is going to turn into another pity party...where people talk all about this show sucks...and HH's writing sucks...except the optimist thread. I like this article. It's funny...but I don't think Hannah is Booth's dream girl. Hannah will leave eventually...just like every other storyline, her storyline will end eventually." I would be happy to delete some of my post if people found it a offensive...but "I like this article. It's funny...but I don't think Hannah is Booth's dream girl." That's my responce to the article. I don't know what it is. I still like this show. I like to talk about...but if the mods are going to delete my posts just because I like to talk about things that I do like about this show...isntead of complaining about of the shit that's wrong this show, I don't think that's fair.

I'm the kind of girl who always speaks her mind. I have a really big mouth...so I get a little pissed when mods just delete my post.

The bolded line wasn't in your original post. You may have editted it afterwords, as you often re-edit your comments. However, the flag was on the original post. Complaining about HOW other people post is not on-topic IN ANY thread. Posters may argue points of issue with other posters, disagree with other posters, but attacking HOW other posters post is NOT acceptable, for you or anyone else.
Back to top Go down
jro54
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
jro54

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:58 pm

I have almost considering canceling my account all together. I don't want to even post any more. This forum seems like the "anti-Bones" forum. Almost every single thread has been derailed...by nasty comments about HH and the show. Everyone has their own opinions. It doesn't make them right or wrong. I understand that just because you are a fan of something doesn't mean that you have to like everything about it. There are some things that I don't like about this show...but that's all people ever talk about. It feels like every single post consists of some nasty negative comment about Hart...and his writing. There is just so much hate in the forums. I can't even believe how a ficitional TV show can make people so miserable. There are some things that I don't like about this show. I don't like Hannah...or her storyline, but there are many things that I still like about this show and I would rather talk about things that I still like about this show...instead talk about things that I don't like about this show. I'm a "half-full" glass kind of girl. I always try to be positive. Every time a post something positive...I'm always bombarded by negative posts. It's like my optimistism doesn't doesn't even do any good anymore.

I'm thinking about cancelling my account...or just limiting my posts to the Optimistic thread...because I'm obiviously in the minority.
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:21 pm

As a mod, the "hate" I am supposed to monitor is hate directed at fellow posters, not the posters thoughts about the show. When that continues to occur, the person may receive a mod warning. If a poster loves Booth, that fine. If they hate Booth, that's fine. When they start putting down other posters for having a different opinion, that's where there's a problem, and why your post was deleted. Argue the OPINION and don't attack the fact that someone posted something you disagreed with. Those kind of attacks are what can eventually lead to problems.
Back to top Go down
Phoebe
Entomologist
Entomologist
Phoebe

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Question - Are we back to 3 strikes?
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy
Special Agent
Special Agent
Ziggy

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Am I stuck with that little intern picture above my avatar? It's cramping my style...
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Yes, you are. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Ziggy wrote:
Am I stuck with that little intern picture above my avatar? It's cramping my style...
Not forever...the pictures automatically change after a certain number of posts. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ziggy
Special Agent
Special Agent
Ziggy

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:44 pm

joybrennan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Not forever...the pictures automatically change after a certain number of posts. Smile

Graci. Sweet avatar btw.
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next