The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator

Go down 
+30
KrazySocks
dukefan2010
crashoveride
lancelot
Ziggy
Phoebe
dancing phalanges
WhatThatMeans
HannahBooth
RubyRuby
HANNAH!
joybrennan
bugaboo628
Faye
wazo29
HERNAMEISHANNAH
PoopyPantsMcGee
MI_Bonesgirl
sparklyshoes
Admin
HannahLover
bonesfan158
Amanda.Marshall
AdbyAdby
jro54
smile0303
himbeer29
SnoopGirl
mkpint
mereva
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mereva
Administrator
mereva

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:29 am

@MI_Bonesgirl Sent you another one.
Back to top Go down
SnoopGirl
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
SnoopGirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:20 am

How do I delete private messages? I am looking but don't see how to click on the message to delete it. I see the "Delete Messages" but that's it. Obviously I am missing something confused1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:43 am

How do I delete Visitor messages in profiles?
Back to top Go down
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:45 am

SnoopGirl wrote:
How do I delete private messages? I am looking but don't see how to click on the message to delete it. I see the "Delete Messages" but that's it. Obviously I am missing something confused1

check the box all the way over to the right of whatever messages you want to delete, then click "delete marked" at the bottom...
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:30 am

Cassiopeia wrote:
How do I delete Visitor messages in profiles?
The same way you usually delete your normal private messages, see "instruction" in the previous post (from Bonesgirl). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PoopyPantsMcGee
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:55 pm

You need to moderate better the "staying on topic" bit mentioned in your header. Because the trolls are not the ones going off topic. Look in your own house, (that's code for the moderators are the worst ones for doing this.)

Just my opinion. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
SnoopGirl
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
SnoopGirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks. I just didn't see it, not that it wasn't there Smile
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Is there any way we can get rid of the gun toting smiley? It really does offend me, and others have told me the same thing.
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Which smiley do you mean? Post it here.
Back to top Go down
wazo29
Squintern
Squintern
wazo29

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:46 pm

hello....i have only ever posted my introduction here but have been an avid fan of reading spoilers and ALL discussions both on this board and our wonderful previous one, THEABY.

i have just received the email from bug regarding a plea for respect from all members TO all members and i just wanted to say thank you and i absolutely agree with your request.

i am a total techno-phobe and am basically clueless with boards, forums and the internet in general but adore your site, but perhaps most of all, i have always loved reading opposing, differing and similar views regarding one of my favourite shows.

this board had a hugely welcoming and friendly feel and i am sure that feeling will only return with twice as much force as before...after all we are entering the season of goodwill!!!
thank you for taking the time to stop any hard feeling----as sad as i sound, i look forward to reading updates from people every day and would so miss this place........many kind thoughts to you all and have a safe and happy week. xx
Back to top Go down
Faye
Special Agent
Special Agent
Faye

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Hey guys! I just wanted to say that you do a wonderful job and this is the only forum I come everyday to check! Well done for the message in the homepage..I believe on critisism and each other's opinion as long as it doesn't offend anyone Smile grouphug
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:25 pm

mereva wrote:
Which smiley do you mean? Post it here.
:triggerhappy: :guns: :
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Done.
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:09 pm

mereva wrote:
Done.
Thank you. Although it would be respectful for them to be taken off certain sigs as well.
Back to top Go down
AdbyAdby
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist
AdbyAdby

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:50 pm

HERNAMEISHANNAH wrote:
mereva wrote:
Done.
Thank you. Although it would be respectful for them to be taken off certain sigs as well.

I am sorry but as a member i would be very p***sed o** if someone told me i had to remove something from my sig that 99% of people DO NOT have a problem with, if you dont like them dont use them or look at themno one is making you to use them
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:01 pm

AdbyAdby wrote:
HERNAMEISHANNAH wrote:
mereva wrote:
Done.

I am sorry but as a member i would be very p***sed o** if someone told me i had to remove something from my sig that 99% of people that have a problem with, if you dont like them dont use them or look at themno one is making you to use them
Excuse me, but considering that the person in question is a mod, and that they should be trying to solve problems, not create them, I don't think it should be an issue. I find it offensive to look at, as I've said. And I believe you meant that 99% DON'T have a problem with it...though I really don't see how you can claim that is accurate unless you polled every member.
Back to top Go down
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure if I agree with asking someone to take something out of their sig that's been there since the day this board started. It's a smiley-not a real person. As much as it's your right not to like it, it's the members right to have it there. It doesn't break any forum rules, so it's not fair to ask that it be removed. Mods are people too, and entitled to their own opinion. If you tell someone they have to remove something that doesn't break any forum rules, that's just like telling them they can't have an opinion...
Back to top Go down
bugaboo628
Administrator
bugaboo628

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:40 pm

The signature issue is being dealt with behind the scenes. Let's move onto other topics. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SnoopGirl
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
SnoopGirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Just received the email about "Signatures".
As long as the SIG is not crude, rude, racist, or down right offensive, what does it matter to the MODS what people have in their SIG's? confused1
I usually just go along with what the "rules" of a board are but this "rule" I don't agree with. I know a few people have SIG's with non-related BONES pics/sayings and they should be allowed to keep them as it is part of their Personal Profile.
Just giving my two cents of opinion.
Note:
I will always have Booth/BONES related SIG's Smile
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:06 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:
As long as the SIG is not crude, rude, racist, or down right offensive, what does it matter to the MODS what people have in their SIG's? confused1
I usually just go along with what the "rules" of a board are but this "rule" I don't agree with. I know a few people have SIG's with non-related BONES pics/sayings and they should be allowed to keep them as it is part of their Personal Profile.
Note:
No one was asked to remove their sig by a MOD or ADMIN. A poster wanted someone else's sig removed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:14 pm

joybrennan wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
Note:
No one was asked to remove their sig by a MOD or ADMIN. A poster wanted someone else's sig removed. Very Happy
Actually, the poster was offended by one part of someone's sig and was hoping to come to a reasonable compromise. That's all.
Back to top Go down
bugaboo628
Administrator
bugaboo628

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:59 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:
Note:

Thanks for your feedback and I understand where you are coming from. We would not make a decision like this unless there was a GOOD reason behind it. The other admins and I are not being petty we are looking out for all of you.
Back to top Go down
HANNAH!
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:26 am

HERNAMEISHANNAH wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
Note:
Actually, the poster was offended by one part of someone's sig and was hoping to come to a reasonable compromise. That's all.
I think they are talking about me.....not your problem with violence in the sig of a mod

I got rid of it and will refrain from putting another one up that includes any sort of pics and we should all be fine
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:37 am

Wait...so we can put something offensive in our sig, as long as it's Bones related, but we can't use something nice like...oh, say a picture of a sunrise or something? That doesn't seem quite fair to me...I was told that as long as it wasn't an attack, you didn't feel that you could tell people what they could or couldn't use in a sig.

Oh, and just for the record, I never got an email about this.
Back to top Go down
RubyRuby
Administrator
RubyRuby

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:49 am

I don't understand why you didn't receive an e-mail, however the rule is up in the Guidelines for Discussion and Debate thread. This rule is effective immediately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next