The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

11x13 The Monster in the Closet Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dukefan2010
Administrator
dukefan2010

Location : At the intersection of my inbox is out of control and I haven’t had a day off since 3rd grade!

11x13 The Monster in the Closet Discussion          Empty
PostSubject: 11x13 The Monster in the Closet Discussion    11x13 The Monster in the Closet Discussion          EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 3:15 am

HAPPY BONES DAY!!
party2
Please post your comments about this week’s new Bones episode, The Monster in the Closet

Please remember that the promos for next week are SPOILERS and cannot be discussed in this thread. Anything that happens in future episodes is a spoiler - regardless of how much it has been promoted or talked about. The episode discussion with spoilers can be found in the spoiler section. Also please be courteous of your fellow Founding Fathers members
Back to top Go down
dukefan2010
Administrator
dukefan2010

Location : At the intersection of my inbox is out of control and I haven’t had a day off since 3rd grade!

PostSubject: Re: 11x13 The Monster in the Closet Discussion    11x13 The Monster in the Closet Discussion          EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Due to technical difficulties with my fox station I finally got to watch at 3AM when fox put the episode on their site. The episode was great, I didn’t think it was as scary as the hype made it out to be… I loved the opening scene with Christine and Booth playing into the monster bit while Brennan was trying to tell Christine the truth. I loved that Aubrey gave Booth advice on how to get Christine to sleep at night and that Booth actually took it. Hodgins is an asshat and Brennan and/ or Angela need to tell him so and to knock it the he!! off and be dam thankful he has use of his arms and his mind and to me those two things are more important than walking…(Been in a chair since I was 5 and I get it, but now I wanna slap the crap out of him. It’s just a chair with wheels on it). I also can’t believe that Brennan didn’t review the cases that came in when she and Booth were on sabbatical… The case was creepy the house was creepy without the cats... I was surprised they didn’t bring Aubrey along for back up. Thank God Brennan has the strangest sound files on her phone and it worked… Karen is just plain nuts, I still don’t like her all that much. I loved Booth and Brennan working together in the lab, it was nice to see Booth putting a HUGE piece of the puzzle in. seeing Brennan dress the skeleton and Booth string it up was really creepy … I was really surprised they went home and Christine was there because of Angela finding the video camera… you’d think Booth would be overly cautious after the whole mess with Pelant. The end scene with Christine did freak me out some. I can’t wait to see where they plan to take us with this serial killer… Now that Cam is in a happy place can we leave her relationship off screen? Why couldn’t she meet some guy at the grocery store? First she dates Booth again, then Angela’s ex-husband, followed by her daughter’s doctor then an EMPLOYEE, then Angela’s photography mentor and now she’s back with the employee…. Poor woman needs to form relationships with men that don’t come with strings attached…
Back to top Go down
Temperance Booth
Squintern
Squintern
Temperance Booth

PostSubject: Re: 11x13 The Monster in the Closet Discussion    11x13 The Monster in the Closet Discussion          EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 3:00 pm

Holy christ, this episode was brilliantly chilling.

The Christine introduction was sweet and a stunning metaphor for this new serial killer.
It was nice seeing Booth and Brennan agree on how to handle her and I adored Booth saying "anything for my little girl" when she asked to sleep in his and Brennan's bed. <3
I'm actually jealous of her closet, I direly need one like that, mine is far too small for my needs and ergo is a cramped mess of an attempt to fulfill them.

It was irksome to see that Hodgins has turned the volume up on his verbal abuse of Angela. I'm glad she's starting to assert herself. Although I am against fighting fire with fire his shit needs to be deflected back in his face.

For example, to the looking down on him remark, my response would have been:
"I'm sorry Hodgins, apparently the memo didn't get out that we're all supposed to be walking around on our knees to make ourselves eye level with you!"
Angela commenting that she didn't see him there was unnecessary, a grenade that she'd consciously pulled the pin from but at the same time that's a common exclamation not said exclusively to wheelchair ridden individuals. It's been said to me and I just happen to be small and quiet.
I'm not denying him the right to be having a difficult time dealing with his condition but that doesn't entitle the vicious level of his behavior, especially towards Angela and I was really glad that Brennan told her that she didn't owe an apology for Hodgins and that Cam offered to send him home. Angela saying that home was worse made me worry for Michael Vincent though, we really need a home scene between them. Michael Vincent needs to be incorporated into this.

Unfortunately, all headlines I've read indicate that their relationship continues to crumble. I fully expect Angela to at some point snap, take MV and leave. Whether or not it would be permanent however is a gray area.

I appreciated that after the social worker's remains were identified, Hodgins backed off and started to once again behave like a member of the team.

The scene at George Gibbons house, abandoned and nastily kept house in the middle of nowhere while it's pouring rain and Booth telling Brennan to stay put while he investigated was a great portrayal of a classic horror film plot that was brilliantly enhanced with the twist that it ended up being Booth who was caught in the clutches of the bad guy and Brennan the one to make the rescue. Her deception with the gun sounds phone app was totally bitchin'. One amazing aspect of her character growth is how her intelligence has expanded beyond academics. The hidden camera slapping targets on the whole teams' backs was another great and thought provoking aspect.

It was refreshing and fascinating to see Brennan so utterly stumped by this serial killer and her conceding to being of similar mind was a great contrast to back in season 6 when Booth was insulted by her comparison of him and Broadsky. Her scenes with the social worker's remains, redressing them and stringing them up with Booth to reveal the nature of the 'artwork' so to speak of the killings were absolutely breathtaking. It was very unique to have Booth take part in the bone work and be the one to see the answer first.

The deceiving ending with Christine appearing to be kidnapped was terrifying, I nearly had a heart attack! I was literally shaken to the point where I could barely steady my hands enough to get my last few live tweets out there. Even at the beginning I wondered if the monster in her closet was real, a predator scoping his prey. It would be horribly interesting for Christine to be targeted or at least approached by a killer Booth and Brennan are pursuing the way Parker once was.
But Geppetto seems to have set his eyes on Brennan which is equally as intriguing.

A reverse of sorts of the famed character who created a puppet that became human, who rather takes human beings and turns them into puppets is a brilliant profile for a serial killer. I'm anxious to learn more.
I think it would be epic if it were Zach since it's on the table that he might be brought back. The profile fits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 11x13 The Monster in the Closet Discussion    11x13 The Monster in the Closet Discussion          Empty

Back to top Go down

11x13 The Monster in the Closet Discussion
Page 1 of 1