The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MorWeb
Special Agent
Special Agent
MorWeb

Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? Empty
PostSubject: Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do????   Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 5:33 am

Normally I'm a fanvid addict who has no qualms with viewing the creative endeavors of others that often borrow from copyrighted materials to enhance our viewing experience. Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 308704 However, I have finally come across a fanvid that portrays Brennan in such a horrible light that I now get why show producers might want to block content from youtube. Shocked

In this video -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HZq6d92GXs - the BB relationship is shown with a likely unintentional physically abusive connotation. Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 784358 I just think that the song used - which is totally about physical abuse in romantic relationships - along with outtakes of Brennan hitting people (including Booth) gives the implication that the Brennan character is abusive. Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 898963 Not exactly how I think HH & Co. (or the producers of NCIS for that matter) would feel comfortable with their character(s) being portrayed. Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 934128

I would like to see this content removed (and I feel hypocritical because of this Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 207119 ), but don't know how to go about getting it done. scratch Advice? study Directions? Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 483683

Thanks! Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 570281
Back to top Go down
SnoopGirl
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
SnoopGirl

PostSubject: Re: Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do????   Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:54 pm

I watched the video and thought it was horrible - in the sense that the song and BONES clips shown are so not compatible. My first thought was, "What the hell was that?" To each his/her own. Just don't watch it or think about it. Clearly the persons who made the video had a "vision" in their minds, which, obviously, not everyone shares.
Back to top Go down
kbnthomas
Entomologist
Entomologist

PostSubject: Re: Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do????   Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 10:26 am

That video just shows why I hate that song so much. Young people think it's a flipping love song, about how exciting and dramatic relationships are.

The fact that it's sung by an admitted spousal abuser and a known victim of domestic violence just makes me physically sick. I hate that song.

Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do????   Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:11 am

Ugh. Didn't like it! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MorWeb
Special Agent
Special Agent
MorWeb

PostSubject: Re: Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do????   Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 6:18 am

SnoopGirl Thank you for commiserating with me. Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 431573 I'm just such an action kinda gal I find it hard to do nothing knowing my favorite show is portrayed in such an ugly light. Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 648580

kbnthomas I could blame youthful idiocy for thinking this song is somehow romantic if it were written in shades of gray like The Police's "Every Breath You Take" which is a song about stalking, but is often used as a couple's first dance song at a wedding. Rolling Eyes This song though is blatantly hostile. As SnoopGirl said the videographer had a vision...a vision that escapes me in the same way I don't get Rihanna being involved with this song. scratch Eminem I get - he and Kim have had a mutually abusive history, and he's always been blatant in his lyrics. Rihanna - WTF?! Shocked

mereva Exactly. Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 50306 So as an Admin - got any advice direction on getting it removed for copyright infringement? Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 11796
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do????   Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:48 am

MorWeb wrote:
mereva Exactly. Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 50306 So as an Admin - got any advice direction on getting it removed for copyright infringement? Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? 11796
For copyright infringement? He-he... Razz Ok, copyright infringement it is.
The only way I see is to report it by youtube, it's posted there. (If they blocked krusty's videos, they surely could (should?!) block this one, too!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do????   Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fanvid-NOT! I'm Offended! What Can I Do????
Page 1 of 1