The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section

Go down 
+5
sparklyshoes
jro54
mereva
Ziggy
Beliskner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Beliskner
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
Beliskner

In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section Empty
PostSubject: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:41 am

By now, you all know how I feel about the subject, since this is not the first time it came up.

I think the problem with reporting people, for what you believe is baiting or has no contribution at all besides trying to make other people feel bad for watching the show,
is that a lot of MODS hang around in 'said' thread, ready with a BAN Hammer. ( just the fact that posting this message makes me think in the back of my mind ''will I
get a message from the ADMIN with BAN, because I stated my opinion'' is just wrong.

( and that I have to think in advance ''nothing will be done about it anyway is also wrong)
I think as Admins / MOD you want a relationship with your members that makes them feel they can come to you.

You probably don't want to know how many times I thought ''why in gods name are some people still on this forum'' obviosuly they don't like where this is going. So why
still pop up now and then with the message ''I'm glad I'm watching (insert show) now because Bones is crap''.

I believe however, that in the view of some people on the forum, the show can't do good anymore

It doesn't matter what they do, when they go right, left was the right direction and vice versa.

I get that some people want to discuss certain stuff and have been (online)friends for a long time and thus want to connect.

A fact is that this forum is losing members, I use different forums, but this one is still my favorite Cool . I see members whom I know from here, who have stopped posting and moved to other forums and
I know the reason for that (because I talked to them) is the constant anti Bones bashing that takes place.

This is not the first series I watched and certainly not the first forum, but I have NEVER seen an ANTI-Show movement as big as it is on this forum.

I'm not trying to create HAVOC, I just want a healthy discussion about this issue which clearly still exist, where people are FREE to discuss and don't have to be afraid for a BAN Hammer.

Beli

Last edited by Beliskner on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ziggy
Special Agent
Special Agent
Ziggy

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:53 pm

I agree Very Happy

I was really thrilled to find these boards because I don't actually know anyone who watches Bones.

But yeah... some of the baiting and indirect comments do get to me. Sometimes I feel like I'm being insulted because I generally still love this show. Which is a weird feeling on a fansite....

In most forums, some of these people would be called "trolls".

And while I don't agree with that, I think everyone should have their own opinion and is entitled to it... maybe there should be some sort of infraction system here?

Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:58 pm

Neither Optimists nor Pssimists thread will be closed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:17 pm

I agree! Maybe if the threads were kept completely on the topic of the show it wouldn't be so much of a problem. BUT frequently posters are starting to take 'refuge' in these threads whilst they have a go at other fans, who can't defend themselves! This is unfair and although they may be not full out attacks they are still offensive. The Admin stated 'If you feel uncomfortable, in a particular thread, then you have the freedom to choose not to enter it.' I should feel comfortable entering this thread, regardless if I agree or disagree. I shouldn't have to see posts implying that fans are 'young', 'naive' or 'don't know any better' because they still watch the show. This is a FAN forum, for people who watch the show. I just don't understand how I could feel 'mocked' or 'uncomfortable' on this forum which is dedicated to a show I love.
Back to top Go down
jro54
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
jro54

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:52 pm

I don't want to get into the whole optimist vs pessimist fight...because people can say and I think whatever they want-but what really bothers me is how people treat other people on this forum. People are supposed to be NICE and we have rules about how not to bait or attack someone based on what they believe...but I don't see that all. I read comments all the time that are just outright insulting, and disrespectful, and sometimes may not be completely directed to one person, to people who still like this show just because they might not be as miserable as some other people. People can agree and disagree and scream and yell about how much they hate this show all they want-but they should try to be respectful of what other people think, don't mock, don't question or assume what anyone else thinks, and it's probably best to not even say what you think about what anyone else thinks. People should just stick do what they think about the show.
Back to top Go down
sparklyshoes
Entomologist
Entomologist
sparklyshoes

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:17 am

I think I made my opinions quite clear in the locked thread. As it appears my original post was taken to be near-baiting (which I absolutely never intended), I'm not going to re-has everything here.

I will just say that everyone that has posted in this thread - I feel the same and it is comforting to see that there are some people that agree.

At the end of the day, I just think it's a shame. That's it, not personal, it's just a shame that it's affecting my view of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Markey
Entomologist
Entomologist
Markey

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:55 am

I agree with everyones posts here. I'm only 17, and the new wave of comments about HH trying to appeal to a teenage demographic because the show isn't intelligent anymore, and the characters are acting like two hormonal teenagers(not exact quote but a summary) is kind of insulting. Yes, those statements aren't directed at me, but I still feel as though there needs to be some consideration and caution when posting comments such as those. I really doubt any adults would appreciate me indirectly downgrading their demographic. Am I right?

And yes, I have also been scared to post recently because the people who usually argue back or may make me feel attacked, are mods. Moderators are generally people who keep the peace, and see both sides. However, the mods here are pretty extreme in opinions, optimists and pessimists both. I have no problem accepting peoples opinions, so I'm rather baffled at the harshness of this forum at times. I just want to show appreciation for the show, and discuss peacefully with everyone else.

One last thing in regards to the statement 'If you feel uncomfortable, in a particular thread, then you have the freedom to choose not to enter it.' If a friend or collegue is talking rather rudely about you in another room, does that make their actions anymore right?
Back to top Go down
condagh
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:32 am

Been lurking here for a while, this is my first post. Markey, I totally agree with what you said, and to those insulting the teenage demographic well it seems you as a 17 year old has shown greater maturity than them.
I also feel that there is an element of the moderators that post very aggressively and feel this could make it uncomfortable for genuine fans of the show to participate in discussions.
I find that I am drawn to this site in an almost voyaristic fashion, its like watching a bad soap opera where every little thing is turned into melodrama, its ridiculous but perversly its gripping, but really is that how a fan website should be?
Back to top Go down
Markey
Entomologist
Entomologist
Markey

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:05 am

Thank you condagh. Now I apologize in advance if this is considered baiting in anyway, but I would like to hear from admins or mods. Your thoughts on our concerns?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:17 am

Thank you for your thoughts and concerns.

However, as stated before, the threads will remain open.

If any members are having issues with particular members, please contact an Administrator by PM.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Beliskner
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
Beliskner

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:55 am

Admin wrote:
Thank you for your thoughts and concerns.

However, as stated before, the threads will remain open.

If any members are having issues with particular members, please contact an Administrator by PM.

Thank you.

It's not meant to close the threads.....A lot of concers have been stated as to what is being said in the threads, mainly some
hardcore statements by admins, that is what concerns members.

the fact that every thing is being compared to castle, im actually getting sick of the statement ''thank god for castle'' or how they hope this is the last season. I wonder if I make a
thread called ''Pessimist'' on a castle forum, how fast that thread will be closed''

and for the people who can't think of a positive thing about this show anymore, how about try to put yourselfs in the shoes of people who have concerns and then have a look at some of your comments.

imagine this thread was here when you still loved the show...how would you react then?
Back to top Go down
SnoopGirl
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
SnoopGirl

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:58 am

If a person doesn't like the Pessimist or Optimist discussions - don't open it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section   In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section Empty

Back to top Go down

In reply to the pessimist / optimist thread in the spoiler section
Page 1 of 1