The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Woman in the Ring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc206
Assistant
Assistant
Doc206

The Woman in the Ring Empty
PostSubject: The Woman in the Ring   The Woman in the Ring EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 pm

This is my first fanfiction. I'm not trying to force any full blown romatic relationship on the two of them, rather than develop a story, using the structure of most of the episodes to create a basic timeline. I am pre-college so not all of my writing will be scientifically correct... or correct in any way, so please feel free to give feedback between sections. Again, being pre-college means homework, so updates may be slow.
I hope you enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Doc206
Assistant
Assistant
Doc206

PostSubject: Re: The Woman in the Ring   The Woman in the Ring EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Chapter one is at the crime scene. Tell me if it seems too short.

Chapter 1:

“I'm a biker. Not a motorcyclist, I ride actual, two-wheel, no motor bikes. I go along the same path every morning, so I guess I just knew something was up when I smelled that... smell,” This was John Patterson's reply when asked how he found the body.

“Well, the body was nearly 20 yards off the bike trail, Mr. Patterson,” Agent Booth would have liked to close up the case fast. No one really likes working on a weekend.

“I've got a good nose. What can I say? Should that make me a suspect?” John shifted back on his heals, “Do you really think that if I had killed... whoever this person is, I would have called it in, and waited for the FBI?”

Booth couldn't think of an argument, “You don't seem too freaked by the body.”

“I'm a little shaken up. Death is death, though, in the end,” John shrugged.

“Hm,” Booth crossed his arms tighter and didn't say anything. It was mid-Saturday and he was, once again, in the middle of a crime scene. A body had been called in less than 20 minutes ago by John Patterson, and already swarms of FBI forensic investigators, cops, and reporters where gathered around the small patch of woods in which a skeletonized body had been discovered, lying in the dried up leaves under the new summer green of the trees.

“May I go now?” John asked, a sardonic edge to his voice. He obviously had places to go, things to do, and unlike Booth, he had all day to do them. Without waiting for a reply, John swept off.

Booth meandered slowly towards Brennan, who was, of course, next to the body. Normally, he didn't mind, perhaps even enjoyed Brennan's lessons on forensics. Today, he wasn't much in the mood, but he brought himself to ask the routine questions.

“Boy or girl?” He directed the question toward Brennan.

“Neither,” She looked up at him, squinting against the midday sun.

“Alien?” He offered a playful smile.

“No, Booth-” She seemed to catch the joke, “Oh,” She laughed, “Because it's highly unlikely it would be an alien.”

Booth nodded, “Right, Bones.”

Brennan laughed again, before regaining composure, “This victim was not a child. She was probably more than forty years old,” She studied the pelvis, “Given birth at least once.” Her eyes seemed to catch something else, “Look, Booth,” She lifted the left hand.

“She was engaged,” Booth nodded, his face now drained of what ever playfulness had been there just a moment before. He was reminded of his last relationship, which had ended at a proposal. What he had hoped only to be the beginning.

Brennan looked worried, “I'm sorry, Booth.”

“It's fine. Was she murdered?”

Brennan laid the hand back down and examined the rest of he remains, “The left ring finger appears to be twisted. Fractures to the right wrist and hand,” She glanced up at him, “Could be defensive. No sign of remodeling.” She moved her focus to the skull, “Blunt force trauma to the occipital and parietal bones, sufficient to be cause of death.”

“Sounds like murder to me,” Booth sighed, knowing now for a fact he wouldn't get his weekend, “You're going to want all this shipped back to the Jeffersonian, aren't you,” He was ready to give the order.

“Yes, and whatever Hodgins needs.”

“Great,” Booth was already turning the the FBI men and women standing nearby, “Ship it all to the Jeffersonian, and whatever, he needs too,” He pointed at Hodgins, then turned back to Brennan, who was straightening up, sore from squatting for too long.

“Come on, Bones,” Booth noticed her latex-gloved hands, “But take your gloves off.”

“Why? They don't have anything on them,” Brennan held her hands out, elbows to her sides and palms up, despite what she said.

“They have dead people on them,” Booth objected.

“There was barely any flesh left on the body, I doubt any of it came off on my gloves,” She took them off anyway.

“You never know, Bones,” Booth swung into his car. Brennan smiled and rolled her eyes before joining him.
Back to top Go down
geraghtyvl
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
geraghtyvl

PostSubject: Re: The Woman in the Ring   The Woman in the Ring EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:56 am

Good start... Looking forward to your next post! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Woman in the Ring   The Woman in the Ring Empty

Back to top Go down

The Woman in the Ring
Page 1 of 1