The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It may take some time to realize what's the right thing.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
thais_christ
Squintern
Squintern
thais_christ

It may take some time to realize what's the right thing. Empty
PostSubject: It may take some time to realize what's the right thing.   It may take some time to realize what's the right thing. EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Title: It may some time to realize what's the right thing.
Author: Thaís Spohr Christ
Complete: [X]Yes []No
Rate: K+

N/A: I'm sorry for my English, but I think you understand it!

It may take some time to realize what’s the right thing.

When you love someone, you open your heart to new emotions. Booth taught me that – as much as you try to hide this profane love that circles you, you won’t be able to. He said that emotions are much stronger than you could have imagined and that your mind won’t let you delete all these phenomena that you feel. I would say that love could be classified by Dalton in the same way he classified his atomic model, something indestructible and indivisible, however, I would have to change the part in which he says that it’s something impenetrable and with no charge.

Brennan had been interrupted by a voice she thought she knew, but wasn’t able to remember from where.
“Temperance, it’s been a long time!”
The scientist lifted her head and directed it to her office’s door. She needed to emerge from her thoughts to pay attention to the person that was talking to her.
“Peyton Perrota, do we have any other case to solve? Did Booth come with you?”.
“Oh, yes, we have another case to solve. However, Booth didn’t come with me.”

“I don’t know what that means. It has been a long time since I last spoke to Booth. I think the last time was New Year’s Eve. As far as I know, Booth and Hannah went to Caribbean, but they didn’t say when they would come back.”
“Well, I’m afraid that he won’t come back to the Jeffersonian, that’s why I’m here. I’m here to replace Booth.”

“Again, I don’t know what that means.”

“Apparently, Booth said that he couldn’t work here anymore. He told that there were too many letting him down, and that he was tired of solving cases with no sort of happy ending.”
“You mean that Booth “retired” from the FBI? What does he mean with: no sort of happy ending? He is the one that went to Afghanistan!”

“That’s what he said. And about Afghanistan, I would say that it’s one of the motives of why Booth is tired of catastrophes.”
Brennan once again arranged herself in the chair. She leaned her back properly on it and immerged in her thoughts. She could barely believe in what she had just heard. This wasn’t something Booth would do, but something that she would do and almost had done one year ago.

Perotta stayed there, just observing the anthropologist’s suffering. She had experienced, three years ago, the actual meaning to Brennan and Booth’s partnership. Perotta knew that all that was much more than a simple partnership, something out of common for FBI agents. She also knew that Booth broke up with Hannah and that he was in a profound depression.

As much as Perotta also had an intense feeling for Booth, she decided to be patient and wait for Brennan to realize what was actually happening, because then, she would be able to tell the scientist what they would have to do.

Brennan once again emerged in her thoughts and restarted to fill Perotta with many questions.

“What exactly did you want to say with: Yes, we have another case to solve? It means that, for now on, you’re gonna be my partner?”

Perotta hesitate to answer this question, but this was the best she could say.
“Yeah, I’m going to be your partner. I know that this is not common and I also know that you had an amazing relationship with Booth. After all, your partnership lasted more than six and, since you two got yourselves together, you’ve never worked separated. I don’t intend to replace Booth at all; I just wanna help you catching the bad guys. I know how hard this must be to you and I didn’t want to be the responsible for bringing this stupid new to you, but I was in charged to do it.”

Brennan looked at Perotta and elaborated an answer. Her eyes was plated in tears and she probably had discovered the responsible fact for Booth leaving..

“It’s not your fault, Perotta. I... I was stupid enough to reject what, supposedly, Booth called love, because I was scared and fragile enough to take an initiative. And after these seven months in Indonesia, I realized what I’ve done, but it was too late. Booth met Hannah and I was, once again, all alone. You know, I started to realize that I needed someone to complete myself, because waking up all mornings and not having anyone to share your dreams with or your fears had become something very astounding. I feel that I lost something and that –perhaps- I’ll never get him, but I can’t do anything anymore and, now, after all this “punches” in my face I still can lose one of the only people with whom I shared most part of my life.”

“You didn’t lose anyone, Brennan.”
“God, this makes no sense. Why are you saying I didn’t lose anyone? If I hadn’t lost, Booth would still be my partner, at least here in the Jeffersonian.”
“Ah, isso não faz sentido algum. Por que você está dizendo que eu não perdi ninguém, se eu não tivesse perdido, Booth continuaria sendo meu parceiro, pelos menos no Jeffersonian.”

Perotta took a deep breath and answered what Brennan was trying to ask.

“I think it’s time for Temperance Brennan to relive all her feelings and go to Seeley Booth’s apartment. Brennan, he is the only person that can call you Bones. He is the only person that knows more about your past than you do. He tried, for a long time, to show the love he felt for you, but you simply ignored him. I think it’s about time for you to tell him what you feel. I don’t want this job, here, in the Jeffersonian, because I don’t feel myself comfortable knowing that I’m taking the wisest agent from the FBI place and beyond that, ending up the most beautiful partnership I’ve ever seen. I think you should get yourself together and go to his house. He is here, in USA and he just didn’t call you because the one that is fragile and hurt now, is him. Probably you are not very good in relationships counseling, but whatever you say to him right now, will mean a lot. You HAVE to bring your partner back, just as he brought you back when you was thinking about giving up.”

Brennan was caught by an outbreak of reality. She needed to see her partner. He probably needed her, just as he had needed her when he was recovering from that brain surgery and she had ignored him. This was the last chance for Temperance Brennan, if she didn’t take any step, she would, probably, never EVER has Booth again, by her side.
Perotta left the room when she realized that Brennan was preparing, mentally, a speech for Booth.

Ok, Temperance, this is your last chance. Enjoy it the most. Make of it a skeleton, discover all the minute scars and portray the facts. Nothing is easier than portray the facts and tell the truth. Everything is in your hands; you just have to create a terrific conclusion.
The scientist scampered of her office, she passed around the platform and everybody that was there started murmuring. Cam didn’t know what was going on - nobody knew that Booth had quite- but she decided to take a guess.

What do you think is going on? It’s not common seeing Brennan sneaking off her shift. Do you think something happened to Booth?”

Angela tried to answer:
“I don’t know, Cam, after New year’s Eve things become pretty awkward. Booth went to Caribbean and Brennan never spoke to him again. She says that he doesn’t answer the phone, however, I don’t believe that he would be able to miss a call from Brennan.”

Hodings says something too:
“Very awkward.”
After all this, everybody comes back to work. The case seemed to be a tough one and, as they couldn’t count with Brennan’s help, they should better focus.

Yes, she was ready to do it. She was just some meters from Booth’s apartment and she knew that she HAD to tell what she thought about all this. After all, Brennan knew that this was her last chance and she didn’t intend to lose it again.

John, the door’s keeper from Booth’s building phoned Booth:

“Yes, John?”

“Mr. Booth, Dr. Brennan wants to go upstairs, shall I let her go?”

Booth had to think if he really wanted to se her, but it would be really selfish if he said no.

“Of course, John. Let her come up.”

The apartment was a mess. Booth didn’t go out of his apartment since he broke up with Hannah, what means: for one week, but Brennan didn’t go to visit him, because she didn’t know he was there, in the USA.
The doorbell rang and Booth went to open the door. First, he took a look through the peephole and realized that he wouldn’t be able to live without Brennan by his side. He was totally missing her and that messed up with his lion heart. As much as he tried to get away from people he loved, he wasn’t able to do it. Booth was convinced about it, but he also was afraid that, after telling Brennan that he couldn’t be with her – because he had found Hannah- she wouldn’t want to be with him anymore.

Brennan brought Thai food, which was a great sign. Booth, then, opened the door.

“Bones! How are you? It’s been a long time.”

He kissed the scientist on the cheek, which made her realize that he haven’t shaved for a long time.

“Booth! Wow. You look different. I...I’m so sorry for all that happened.”

Booth replied with a “no bother” tone.

“There’s no reason for you to be sorry, Bones. That wouldn’t work out anyways. Hannah is not my match. But what brought you here in the first place?”

“I thought you knew what would bring me here in a few hours. Why did you leave the FBI?”

“Bones, I...I can’t do that anymore. I can’t work there. There are so many cases that get me all sensitive and emotionally damaged, and, not also me, all the team gets emotionally involved and shaken. Cam, me, you, Hodgins almost died. Zack became the gravedigger’s apprentice. I... I can’t do that anymore. I tried; I swear I tried to keep strong and entertained by all my work, but working at the Jeffersonian means much more that simply work. There is all the emotional side of working at the Jeffersonian.”

“Booth, you were the person that told me I couldn’t ruin my career like that. I also tought about giving up, although you opened my eyes and showed me that I was making a HUGE mistake. Ok, I made a bigger mistake that this one and you tried to aware me, but I didn’t listen to you. I don’t know if you understand what I mean, because seems like nothing is clear

Booth scratched his head in signal of misunderstanding

“What I’m trying to say, Booth,is... Well, I think we should better sit, because it’s gonna be a long chat.”

“Ok.”

“I brought your favorite Thai food dish”.

“Thanks.”

Brennan focused in trying to say what she had planned to tell Booth.

“Well, remember that night you saved me from the running over? It was raining and I, suddenly, started to see my life in that victim’s life. It was because of her that I realized how stupid I have been a year ago and- as much as I tried to fix this up- it was too late. I think you know I’ve always felt something for you and I also think that you also felt it. Since our first case together, since the first time I saw you, in that college auditorium, I knew that I would start feeling something for you, something you called love. Something I’ve never felt before. I know I might have been naïve and still am, but I finally realized that I need my other half. I believe you was right when you said that soul mates actually exist and that I should start to rethink my thoughts. I… I feel something 110% times much stronger for you, Seeley. And, as much as I told you that I didn’t believe in this, I started to believe after passing through this hell called solitude. I discovered that human beings need someone that loves them, because being circled by a person that tries to love them is not the same as being circled by someone who actually loves them. And these days of solitude started when I wasn’t able to talk to you. Before that, I didn’t miss this, because I talked to you everyday and I just wasn’t with you when I was going home, to have some sleep. I realized that after you found a girlfriend, something was missing and I believe that it was the love that I, indirectly, received from you. I…”

Brennan started to sob and Booth didn’t know what to do. E choked with his Thai food, but something brought him up.

“You said that nothing passes 100%. You said that love doesn’t exist. You said that you couldn’t change, but I can see you did that, you completely changed!”

“Booth, I... I never told this to anyone. Neither to my father. But I believe that, now that I discovered that love really exists, I NEED to be loved, and it’s about time to say it out loud. I didn’t choose you because you have an amazing zigomati Bone, netheir because your sperm countdown is unbelievably high. I, honestly, didn’t choose you. And I believe that neither you chose me, but something much stronger than I can bear was settled between us both and showed me that the right thing to do is to be by your side. Not as just a partner at work, but at a partner in life too. I missed my chance, but I’m receiving it again. I know I said I would adjust, but this wasn’t possible after Peyton told me you wouldn’t come back… I… I missed a part of me when she told me that. Yes, all this is pretty much cliché, but I don’t know what else to say and I think I would never be able to say something like that. You taught me to be who I’m and I need to keep learning all this loveable way to behave, with you, Booth. I want…”

Booth had to surrender to the scientist’s charm. All that was much more than a simple declaration. He knew that he would always have feelings for Brennan and, as Cam said, he had a lion heart, but deep inside, everybody knew that Booth was very sensitive. Of course he had never waited for those words, he never thought that Brennan could start believing in love but he wouldn’t complain, because all that was one of the greatest gift he could received. Yes, he had to prepare himself to answer all that, and he didn’t want a cliché answer

“Wow. Hum... I... I never thought we would get to this, but I thank whatever God we have for making you finally realize what all this means. You know that I’m looking for someone to spend the rest of my life with and you, indirectly, know that this someone is you. I know I said I was happy with Hannah, but that was all a big lie. You know you can’t be replaced, Bones. I once told you that making love was when two people become one and I still didn’t find this person; I believe you didn’t find it too, but I confess that in this both times that I actually kissed you, I felt that you could be this person. Since you asked me for my sperm, I couldn’t stop thinking about having children with you. This wouldn’t be unwise to simply donate my sperm to you. I would have to be a present father and I wouldn’t be able to see my soon growing up everyday and not being allowed to participate of his life. Bones, I think we should give this a shot. And, I think that we could skip some levels rapidly , because I know you more than you do and you know me more than I do. I know your limitations and what you like the most. I assure you that I’m the only person who knows you wanted a pig called Jasper. Just as you are one of the only people who knows I had sex under a bleacher- you are not THE ONE, because this wouldn’t be possible.”

Brennan started to blush. Not that she was shy, because she isn’t, but it was good to know that Booth kept some secrets with her.

“You think we can skip some levels today?”

“Seeley Booth, what to you mean?”

“I think I mean what you’re thinking.”

“Booth, I might be seaxually in need, but I think this is a little bit too soon. I mean, I didn’t even kiss you yet, which is unwise.”

“You know, Bones. I don’t know if you realized, but I’m really here. This is not a dream, you can do whatever you want to do with me.”

“Wow, really?”

“Why not?”

“I wouldn’t say that, Seeley.”

“What an anthropologist could possible do to me?”

“Well I would say I know all body parts, better than you do. And, besides that, martial arts are my hobby.”

“Oh, I think I never mentioned that I took a massage course once and that I probably know all your hotspots. Starting with kisses all over your neck and going to your toes.”

Brennan was thanking –mentally- Peyton Perotta. She thought that if Perotta hadn’t come and that if Booth hadn’t gave up, she would never get the guts to believe in love once again.
Now, the anthropologist was being covered in kisses and lovingly satisfied.

“Booth, you do like when I scratch your back, don’t you?”

“A lot, just as you like when I kiss yours, right?”

“I would say that like is a weak word for this.”

“I don’t know what that means, Bones.”

“Neither do I, Booth.”

“I love you!”

“Oh, I forgot that this was what I’ve never said to anyone; I love you too!”

The hours passed by and the night was coming. They both needed to sleep, after all, tomorrow would be a big day at the Jeffersonian and they had ended up their batteries.

“Goodnight, Bones”

Brennan kissed Booth and whispered in his ears:

“Goodnight, Seeley.”
Back to top Go down

It may take some time to realize what's the right thing.
Page 1 of 1