The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dukefan2010
Administrator
dukefan2010

Location : At the intersection of my inbox is out of control and I haven’t had a day off since 3rd grade!

8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: 8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion    8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:06 am

HAPPY BONES DAY!!
party2
Please post your comments about this week’s new Bones episode, The Secret in the Siege here. Please remember that the promos for next week are SPOILERS and cannot be discussed in this thread. Anything that happens in future episodes is a spoiler - regardless of how much it has been promoted or talked about. The episode discussion with spoilers can be found in the spoiler section. Also please be courteous of your fellow Founding Fathers members
Back to top Go down
dukefan2010
Administrator
dukefan2010

Location : At the intersection of my inbox is out of control and I haven’t had a day off since 3rd grade!

PostSubject: Re: 8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion    8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:10 am

I loved the episode; this was my favorite finale since season 1! It creped me out a lot in some points. I still wish Hodgins had choked Pelant when he had the chance and been done with it. I felt bad for him too; none of it is any of their faults. I loved Booth and Brennan in this one; I loved how Brennan wouldn’t tell Booth to remove himself from the case. She’s right they need him…. I loved that Brennan purposed and I do think she wants to merry Booth, but I think that this was done out of fear of losing him to Pelant and they will do it when things settle down and they can enjoy it more. Brennan knows that wasn’t Booth’s mom on the phone and that it was Pelant not Booth who called it off and Booth won't be able to deny it ... I liked the reunion in the middle of gridlock. I think Brennan was crying more so because she knew pelant was behind Booth’s decision and it was something they both wanted than the fact that Booth called the wedding off.
I can’t wait to see how this all plays out in season 9……
Back to top Go down
luvthembones
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: Re: 8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion    8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:02 am

I won't see it until tomorrow but I hope what you write is true. I have been leery of seeing the finale because of the the worry that they were breaking up at the end. I can enjoy the emotions between them, ups and downs are real in life and important to the show, just as long as they still love each other and stay together while they work through it. The nice thing is that she has gotten the proposal out of the way, and perhaps Booth will be confident enough to do the asking next time. He is such a traditionalist is seems more appropriate anyhow. It should be fun to watch him trying to prove he really does love her "most" and is not going to break up with her next season. Her reaction I hope will be not too extreme. They have had a tendency to make her a bit of a parody of her old self the last two seasons. I was so happy to see her strong and tough and confident without being "weird" in last weeks episode. I miss her kicking butt like she did early on in the show. Regardless, I can't get enough of this couple and this show, and look forward to season 9 (and 10, 11,12...)
Back to top Go down
luvthembones
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: Re: 8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion    8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 1:20 pm

I just watched the episode and you are right it is a great one! The last scene was painful to watch but thank God they are still together!! I have been looking over some of the past episodes of season 7 and 8 and I am beginning to "understand" why they have played it so cool emotionally between them. (At least it makes sense to me, god knows what the show is really doing..) Anyway, Booth is still scared of his feelings when they get together so unexpectedly. Then the baby. Great! They get together and Booth never has to really reveal himself to her. He can play it safe, working on her carefully to express herself and get her to commit to him. He couldn't risk pushing her again like he did episode 100. But holding back like that also was reflected in his demeanor around her. Very careful. Doesn't want to scare her off. Yet still pushing her towards a solid commitment. Success! His patience pays off, she in true Brennan fashion has worked very hard to try to be who he needs her to be. And to her surprise, realizing that she IS that person inside as well as the rational, tough as nails, person she always understood herself to be. (yay!) I look forward to next season, because now it is Booth's turn to grow. To stop being scared of her leaving, to stop dancing to Pelant's tune, to gain control of his life and situation, to accept that yes, he is a good person. And watching him convince her that she wants to get married, that will be fantastic. He's got his proposal, now she will get hers. Perhaps they will start a new trend. People proposing to each other....Both get a chance to ask, both get a chance to accept. I rather like it.
You know there is so much criticism aimed at Hart Hansen and the other guy (can't remember his name at the moment, getting old...) but I have to say that they have taken us all on a wonderful journey, and that here we are looking at a ninth season, still as excited about Booth and Brennan as ever. The murders are still part if it, but that is not what defines the show. They do. Whenever this series ends, I know I will treasure it as my favorite til I die. I will probably be re watching episodes until then as well!!!!
Back to top Go down
twerp24
Psychologist
Psychologist

PostSubject: Re: 8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion    8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:06 pm

dukefan2010 wrote:
I loved the episode; this was my favorite finale since season 1! It creped me out a lot in some points. I still wish Hodgins had choked Pelant when he had the chance and been done with it. I felt bad for him too; none of it is any of their faults. I loved Booth and Brennan in this one; I loved how Brennan wouldn’t tell Booth to remove himself from the case. She’s right they need him…. I loved that Brennan purposed and I do think she wants to merry Booth, but I think that this was done out of fear of losing him to Pelant and they will do it when things settle down and they can enjoy it more. Brennan knows that wasn’t Booth’s mom on the phone and that it was Pelant not Booth who called it off and Booth won't be able to deny it ... I liked the reunion in the middle of gridlock. I think Brennan was crying more so because she knew pelant was behind Booth’s decision and it was something they both wanted than the fact that Booth called the wedding off.
I can’t wait to see how this all plays out in season 9……

You know you are right! I should not get so down sometimes with the show. I've enjoyed most of the Bones seasons and Emily's and David's chemistry is so very rare.

I really loved how open Brennan was in the last two episodes and I liked the kick butt Brennan of earlier season. It was nice to a little of that again.
Back to top Go down
dukefan2010
Administrator
dukefan2010

PostSubject: Re: 8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion    8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion  EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:26 am

I don’t let TV shows get to me anymore; I just enjoy what I’m given each week for what it is. That’s not to say I like every little thing that happens on the show, I don’t I just don’t let it bother me. For me there are too many things I like that outweigh the stuff I don’t.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion    8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion  Empty

Back to top Go down

8x24~ The Secret in the Siege Discussion
Page 1 of 1