The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More Fan-fic Recommendations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
geraghtyvl
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
geraghtyvl

More Fan-fic Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Three story arc. The last story just started today. The first two were great! Enjoy...

1. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7242107/1/Lost_Boys

2. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7338654/1/Found

3. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7710318/1/Recovery

Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:04 pm

This one I know.
Back to top Go down
geraghtyvl
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
geraghtyvl

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:14 pm

@ mereva..Did you read the first chapter yet of Recovery? Seems like it is going to be as good as the others!
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:58 pm

I did.
Have to say, I'm a very, very demanding reader. A story has to be outstandingly good. (Yes, I'm that bad. That's why I almost never comment on ff site. Oh, and I prefer long stories to the short ones, though there are some exceptions... Thinking about good ol' days now: where are SSJL and blc? Their fics were almost always good... ah.)
But you know, I actually liked http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5041947/1/The_Suspects_in_the_Suite , even though it was quite dark.
Back to top Go down
geraghtyvl
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
geraghtyvl

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:46 pm

@ mereva..I liked that story too. Very well written and in character. Well, the characters we knew pre-100th anyway. But I have already had my vent for the day so I will say no more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Entomologist
Entomologist

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:24 pm

She writes the best Bones fanfics. I ofter prefer her Bones Universe(s) to the one presented on TV.
Back to top Go down
King_RM
Entomologist
Entomologist
King_RM

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:57 pm

mereva wrote:
I did.
Have to say, I'm a very, very demanding reader. A story has to be outstandingly good. (Yes, I'm that bad. That's why I almost never comment on ff site. Oh, and I prefer long stories to the short ones, though there are some exceptions... Thinking about good ol' days now: where are SSJL and blc? Their fics were almost always good... ah.)
But you know, I actually liked http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5041947/1/The_Suspects_in_the_Suite , even though it was quite dark.
Mer, Jamie (SSJL) has sort of moved on from Bones, at least on FF - I think the way S5 developed was a huge let down for her. She's still writing though, Good Wife mostly, and you can still find some good quality BONES related smut at her Live Journal site The Kink in the Bones.

That's the good news, sorta, the bad news is that blc is done with writing FanFic entirely. I won't go into detail because she's a friend and it would feel too much like betraying a confidence but I can say that she and I both became disillusioned with the tack HH and SN took with BONES half-way through S4, the difference is I mostly stuck with the show and got over it, but for her the S4 finale basically killed what she loved about the show, and thought she had intended to finish the stories she'd started life sorta, intervened, and now she's done with fic writing altogether. Sadly that includes her magnum opus Serendipity - a story that is still worth a read and remains one of the best epic style B&B stories I've ever read, basically it's the standard for me when it comes to epic fanfics and there are few that match up. If I could ask her to finish one story it'd probably be that one. *sigh*

Oh, and speaking of
The Suspects in the Suite, that one was...wow. I loved it and hated it at the same time. The way Brennan's rape was portrayed in that fic, despite the fact that it wasn't graphically portrayed, was quite difficult for me to read and deal with, that alone should tell you how well written it is. GREAT.FIC.

Oops! I almost forgot. I came her to toot my own horn, I've decided to get off my royal ass and start writing again. I've posted the first chapter of a new fic entitled "Guns and Hoses", you can find it here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7725201/1/Guns_and_Hoses. I plan on posting a "preview" for each chapter, just the first few paragraphs, in a blatant attempt to get folks to read it, get hooked and decide it's worth going over to FF to read and review. What can I say? I'm a whore for reviews. Then again, what writer isn't?

king RM

Last edited by King_RM on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:10 pm

OH my... thud Your Majesty, is that YOU?!?! No way!!!!! NICE TO SEE YOU BACK, DEAR! kiss2

And you're writing again, too? Nice-nice-nice! Just don't forget the most lovable things in a fanfiction: bad spelling, calling Brennan Tempe, begging for reviews... ah, you know the drill! Very Happy

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Serendipity was good! *dreamy look* Ol' good times... The grass was greener. The light was brighter... old Booth Oh, and also the water was wetter and the sun was yellower! old Brennan
Back to top Go down
King_RM
Entomologist
Entomologist
King_RM

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:38 pm

mereva wrote:
OH my... thud Your Majesty, is that YOU?!?! No way!!!!! NICE TO SEE YOU BACK, DEAR! kiss2
Yep, it's me Mer! How you doin' hon? kiss kiss

Quote :
And you're writing again, too? Nice-nice-nice! Just don't forget the most lovable things in a fanfiction: bad spelling, calling Brennan Tempe, begging for reviews... ah, you know the drill! Very Happy
Yeah, I agree with all of those, especially grammar and spelling, oh, and calling Brennan 'Tempe' *shudder*. And begging for reviews, honestly, how low can you go? I mean I would never stoop to that, no sirree, not even if you tortured me. Of course if someone were to phrase it in a very nice and, you know, classy kinda way, something like "If you're reading my story Guns and Hoses please be so kind and leave a thoughtful review when you have the chance, thank you ever so much." I think it's perfectly fine.

Read my story dammit!

Quote :
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Serendipity was good! *dreamy look* Ol' good times... The grass was greener. The light was brighter... old Booth Oh, and also the water was wetter and the sun was yellower! old Brennan

Yeah, it really was a simpler time back then, ya' know? Booth was a good guy who loved Brennan from afar and treated her like a queen, Brennan was an awkward genius with a steep learning curve struggling to deal with her feelings toward her partner. He wasn't dating some trampy blonde who smelled like cheap gin and the backseat of a cab, and she wasn't running away from her feelings or him and hiding in some hell hole named Maluku...

The good ol' days Mer, that they were.

king RM

Last edited by King_RM on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:58 pm

King_RM wrote:
Thank you, dear! I'm OK. kiss1 How are you? Long time not to see...

Quote :
Read my story dammit!
He-heeeeeeeeeeeeeee... I did! It's nostalgic. More Fan-fic Recommendations Dreamy10 Went straight to my alerts, so I won't miss any updates.

Quote :
Yeah, it really was a simpler time back then, ya' know? Booth was a good guy who loved Brennan from afar and treated her like a queen, Brennan was an awkward genius with a steep learning curve struggling to deal with her feelings toward her partner.
Ladies, that's exactly what he wrote in that 1st chapter. So it you want to see old Brennan and Booth from Seasons 1-4 1/2, it's highly recommended to read it. big nod

Back to top Go down
geraghtyvl
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
geraghtyvl

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 pm

I'll be reading it! Right after Castle, that is, where things are still simple!
Back to top Go down
King_RM
Entomologist
Entomologist
King_RM

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:17 pm

mereva wrote:
King_RM wrote:
Thank you, dear! I'm OK. kiss1 How are you? Long time not to see...

Quote :
Read my story dammit!
He-heeeeeeeeeeeeeee... I did! It's nostalgic. More Fan-fic Recommendations Dreamy10 Went straight to my alerts, so I won't miss any updates.

Quote :
Yeah, it really was a simpler time back then, ya' know? Booth was a good guy who loved Brennan from afar and treated her like a queen, Brennan was an awkward genius with a steep learning curve struggling to deal with her feelings toward her partner.
Ladies, that's exactly what he wrote in that 1st chapter. So it you want to see old Brennan and Booth from Seasons 1-4 1/2, it's highly recommended to read it. big nod

I'm good as can be expected. The wedding day is getting closer, less than 100 days to go, so I'm getting antsy now. I really want to just get this all over with so I can be married, have the wife home with me where she belongs, and get on with our lives. Heh, all those years as an avowed bachelor who never understood why a man would get married and now I finally get it, I really do.

BTW, thanks for adding it to your alerts Mer. I'm going to be releasing a new chapter every Monday so stay tuned. I've got the first three chapters written and ready to go (more or less), and I've got a couple of other stories percolating too. This one will likely run 6 chapters, which if my "writer's math" is as good as it used to be really means "5 to 8".

And yes, I tend to write old school Booth and Brennan - Booth Season 5 is okay in my book but S6 Booth is an asshole and S7 Booth hasn't quite redeemed himself in my eyes so I stick with what I know: a Booth who's strong, moral, virtuous, courageous, loving, and willing to sacrifice it all for the woman he loves and not above some petty payback when it's warranted. His counterpoint is a Brennan who's strong, smart, compassionate, better at pop-culture than she lets on, and sexually confident enough to make the first move even though she's also emotionally vulnerable, terrified of ruining her friendship with Booth by getting involved with him, and as stubborn as a pig-headed mule when she gets her dander up.

Thanks, btw, for the good press! I do love me some feedback. Very Happy

king RM
Back to top Go down
King_RM
Entomologist
Entomologist
King_RM

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 pm

geraghtyvl wrote:
I'll be reading it! Right after Castle, that is, where things are still simple!
That's why I love Castle! It's like they watched S4, S5, and S6 of Bones and figured out what NOT to do!

Now if only there was a site HH and SN could go where they could learn from their mistakes, get a feel for the pulse of the viewer, maybe even pick-up a writing hint or two... Nah, what are the odds they'd ever come here or (back in the day) the ABY? That'd mean slumming with folks who actually CARE ABOUT THE DAMNED SHOW!

king RM
Back to top Go down
geraghtyvl
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
geraghtyvl

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 am

@king_RM I often wonder (and hope) that TPTB would come visit and see what die heart fans have to say and feel about their show Bones.... But obviously and sadly, they are not coming around. No Looking forward to reading your story. I remember you from the ABY...Good to have you here!
Back to top Go down
King_RM
Entomologist
Entomologist
King_RM

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:39 am

geraghtyvl wrote:
@king_RM I often wonder (and hope) that TPTB would come visit and see what die heart fans have to say and feel about their show Bones.... But obviously and sadly, they are not coming around. No Looking forward to reading your story. I remember you from the ABY...Good to have you here!
Yeah, at least this year they've got it right...so far. I was a bit iffy when the third episode in a row was basically all about Brennan's deficiencies in her relationship with Booth, but the twister ep was at least a sign that HH/SN plan on making things balanced between them. Also I gotta say that all the hand wringing some fans did over them getting together, how silly do they look now? I think they're fantastic together, the chemistry is still there, it's just now we actually get to see them kiss more than ONCE per season! Who's with me here? YEAH!

king RM

Read my story! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7725201/1/Guns_and_Hoses
Back to top Go down
geraghtyvl
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
geraghtyvl

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:05 am

@ RM...I have to tell you, I'm not really feeling the chemistry between B&B, aside from a little bit in the first episode. Season 6 just really did me in...especially with the proposal. It just didn't make any sense to me after all that had gone on between B&B from season one. i do think once Brennan has baby bones, the chemistry will come back between them and for me too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
King_RM
Entomologist
Entomologist
King_RM

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:44 am

geraghtyvl wrote:
@ RM...I have to tell you, I'm not really feeling the chemistry between B&B, aside from a little bit in the first episode. Season 6 just really did me in...especially with the proposal. It just didn't make any sense to me after all that had gone on between B&B from season one. i do think once Brennan has baby bones, the chemistry will come back between them and for me too. Very Happy
Well I'll tell ya' I wasn't feeling it either - the proposal really, honestly, damn near killed me. The only way I can wrap my mind around that whole episode of Booth's life is like this:

Heart broken and feeling abandoned in Afghanistan, Booth hooks up with Hannah looking for nothing more than some comfort and a general distraction. He doesn't think they're serious, but she follows him back to DC. Booth doesn't mind, not really, after all Brennan's made it clear she doesn't want him as anything other than a partner and friend, so why not shack-up with a good-time gal? The problem is everyone keeps asking him if he's happy, so he keeps telling them "I'm happy!" and if you tell yourself a lie often enough you tend to believe it, especially when Brennan is doing everything in her power to make Hannah stick - something I never really got.

Flash forward to a rainy night, an SUV, a tearful confession, and Booth - who's been living a happy lie for months finds his happy cocoon torn open and reality is just...bleak. His reaction is anger, denial, throwing himself back into his relationship with Hannah and, when Sweets comments about not wanting to end up like Booth (old and unmarried) Booth does the ultimate guy thing - he buys a ring. It's the "proof" that he's happy, it's the talisman that keeps his fears of dying alone and unloved at bay, that makes him forget his fears and convinces himself that "being happy" is the same as "being in love" - that's also why he reacted the way he did, he had to recognize that the only one who was really "in love" in his relationship with Hannah was her - and she knew it wouldn't last. It's easy to be in love when you know it won't last, you just never commit 100%. Booth, who'd lived a lie for months, had already committed to it so when it all came crashing down it took his patchwork heart and self esteem with it. ACOA's have self esteem issues to begin with, so this just left him feeling gut shot. Put it altogether, along with his speech at the bar, and it makes a sort of sense.

Otherwise it's just crap. Then again that's why I write Booth and Brennan as if they never got older than the 99th episode. evilflame

king RM

Read my story! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7725201/1/Guns_and_Hoses

king RM<
Back to top Go down
geraghtyvl
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
geraghtyvl

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:05 am

Sounds good to me! I'll be there reading it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Fan-fic Recommendations   More Fan-fic Recommendations Empty

Back to top Go down

More Fan-fic Recommendations
Page 1 of 1