The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator

Go down 
+30
KrazySocks
dukefan2010
crashoveride
lancelot
Ziggy
Phoebe
dancing phalanges
WhatThatMeans
HannahBooth
RubyRuby
HANNAH!
joybrennan
bugaboo628
Faye
wazo29
HERNAMEISHANNAH
PoopyPantsMcGee
MI_Bonesgirl
sparklyshoes
Admin
HannahLover
bonesfan158
Amanda.Marshall
AdbyAdby
jro54
smile0303
himbeer29
SnoopGirl
mkpint
mereva
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
HANNAH!
Assistant
Assistant

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:52 am

I didn't get a mail either......but I got a pm.....

Dear HANNAH!,

I am politely requesting for you to remove your signature.

The e-mail that was sent aroud to all members clearly stated that signatures need to somehow be Bones related. As yours is not, I am asking you to please remove it.

If you choose not to, the Administrators of the forum will have no choice but to take further action. Please note that you have already received an itial warning, and refusal of two requests may constitute in another warning.

Please note that the decision to disallow all signatures not related directly to Bones was not one taken lightly.

Thank You

Administrator

still don't get it why I can have violence-glorifying things up just as long as it is Bones-related......but since this time I even got reminded that I'm already on the bad-kids-list, I guess I'll go look for something bones-related.....
Back to top Go down
HannahBooth
Squintern
Squintern
HannahBooth

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:06 am

Thanks for the rules....

I think that Smileys with guns are not Bones related.
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:25 am

RubyRuby wrote:
I don't understand why you didn't receive an e-mail, however the rule is up in the Guidelines for Discussion and Debate thread. This rule is effective immediately.
Yes, which is how I found out about this 'rule'. I am just really confused...I could unintentionally annoy a lot more people with a Hannah/Booth sig than I could with a nice inspirational quote, so I'm just at a loss as to how that rule will avoid any problems. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
SnoopGirl
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
SnoopGirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:32 am

Let me get this straight - ONE person had a problem with ONE person's SIG and now there is a "rule" that only BONES SIG's are allowed at TFF? huh
"For the record" I am in complete disagreement with this rule. Address the person with the SIG in question and move on (which seems to have happened). If the person removed the SIG there shouldn't be a need to address the rest of the forum and tell THEM they can't have non BONES related SIG's.
Note: This is a form of censorship, one of the main the reasons The ABY was started.
Back to top Go down
HannahBooth
Squintern
Squintern
HannahBooth

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:34 am

I agree, Snoopsy Smile That's not good at all, this censorship ...
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:37 am

SnoopGirl wrote:
Let me get this straight - ONE person had a problem with ONE person's SIG and now there is a "rule" that only BONES SIG's are allowed at TFF? huh
"For the record" I am in complete disagreement with this rule. Address the person with the SIG in question and move on (which seems to have happened). If the person removed the SIG there shouldn't be a need to address the rest of the forum and tell THEM they can't have non BONES related SIG's.
Note: This is a form of censorship, one of the main the reasons The ABY was started.
I agree as well.
Back to top Go down
bugaboo628
Administrator
bugaboo628

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:28 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:

It is not ONE person having a problem with ONE person's sig. If it were as simple as that we would be handling things differently.
Back to top Go down
bugaboo628
Administrator
bugaboo628

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:29 pm

HannahBooth wrote:
Thanks for the rules....

I think that Smileys with guns are not Bones related.

As long as the smiley is included in something 'Bones' related it is absolutely fine.
Back to top Go down
SnoopGirl
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
SnoopGirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:30 pm

bugaboo628 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:

It is not ONE person having a problem with ONE person's sig. If it were as simple as that we would be handling things differently.
OK. I still feel that making a "rule" of BONES only SIGS is censorship. This is the internet where hundreds of millions of people come -- SOMEONE is ALWAYS going to be offended by something. Don't like it? Don't look at it or read it is my philosophy. I will follow the rules because I do like this site, but it doesn't mean that I agree with this type of censorship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Ummm quick question cause I've gotten a couple of emails.... Are people seriously being banned because they like Hannah?
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:22 pm

treble wrote:
Ummm quick question cause I've gotten a couple of emails.... Are people seriously being banned because they like Hannah?
Wow, I hope not! Otherwise I'll be next...
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:30 pm

@ treble - speaking as a mod -
NO.
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Question...Burn Notice and Bones are not the same show, right? I'm just checking.
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:38 pm

HERNAMEISHANNAH wrote:
Question...Burn Notice and Bones are not the same show, right? I'm just checking.
Yes, but it's not nice to use a quotation without citing where you got it from.
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:41 pm

joybrennan wrote:
HERNAMEISHANNAH wrote:
If my quote offends you, I will take it down. I'm a civil person and I have no problems with that. However, I was refraining from switching to an all Bones sig until I got an answer to my question from an admin.
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:44 pm

HERNAMEISHANNAH wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
HERNAMEISHANNAH wrote:
If my quote offends you, I will take it down. I'm a civil person and I have no problems with that. However, I was refraining from switching to an all Bones sig until I got an answer to my question from an admin.
Not about you. You asked about the burn notice quote on my sig. Just answering your question. Smile
Back to top Go down
HERNAMEISHANNAH
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:47 pm

joybrennan wrote:
HERNAMEISHANNAH wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
HERNAMEISHANNAH wrote:
Not about you. You asked about the burn notice quote on my sig. Just answering your question. Smile
Well then, I will ask another one. Why is a Burn Notice quote allowed on your sig if they all have to be Bones related? I realize you're trying to use it as a way to show that you'd like to kill Hannah, but I don't feel that's justification. The quote is not directly related to Bones. However, I suppose that's open to interpretation...
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:59 pm

The quote is used within a cartoon statement about a character on Bones. And, actually, if you read my sig... it's not about wanting to kill anyone. :lol:
Back to top Go down
AdbyAdby
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist
AdbyAdby

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:17 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:

OK. I still feel that making a "rule" of BONES only SIGS is censorship. This is the internet where hundreds of millions of people come -- SOMEONE is ALWAYS going to be offended by something. Don't like it? Don't look at it or read it is my philosophy. I will follow the rules because I do like this site, but it doesn't mean that I agree with this type of censorship.

i agree with you 100%, but that was not good enough for some people on here which is what created the issue in the first place and created problems for everyone else, :emptyfull well for these people it is half empty all the time
Back to top Go down
SnoopGirl
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
SnoopGirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:06 pm

treble wrote:
Not only would I be banned if that were the truth, I would have to scared run_for_the_hills for fear of being :lockup: because I not only like Hannah, I really like Hannah. She is tres cool :thumbsup2:
Still a B&B shipper at loveheart though.
Back to top Go down
bugaboo628
Administrator
bugaboo628

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:10 pm

treble wrote:

Oh good grief! People don't get banned for disliking or liking a character. If we could do that I would be banning everyone who does not like Brennan.
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:11 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:
Not only would I be banned if that were the truth, I would have to scared run_for_the_hills for fear of being :lockup: because I not only like Hannah, I really like Hannah. She is tres cool :thumbsup2:
Still a B&B shipper at loveheart though.
hehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wazo29
Squintern
Squintern
wazo29

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:01 am

hey, sorry to trouble you but are the xmas trees and present pics on the home page working properly? i thought they showed which posts were new and which ones were old but all my threads are showing with xmas trees ----and i promise i havent read everything!! many thanks xx
Back to top Go down
RubyRuby
Administrator
RubyRuby

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:04 am

Hi there. They are working fine as far as I know. I was able to to see a new post in this section thread via the picutre. I'll post something in another section as well as this post. See if you get the present, and let me know Smile
Back to top Go down
wazo29
Squintern
Squintern
wazo29

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:36 am

yep, i noticed a new pressie!! maybe i have been staring at my pc for too long!!! many thanks and sorry for the trouble....x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next