The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator

Go down 
+30
KrazySocks
dukefan2010
crashoveride
lancelot
Ziggy
Phoebe
dancing phalanges
WhatThatMeans
HannahBooth
RubyRuby
HANNAH!
joybrennan
bugaboo628
Faye
wazo29
HERNAMEISHANNAH
PoopyPantsMcGee
MI_Bonesgirl
sparklyshoes
Admin
HannahLover
bonesfan158
Amanda.Marshall
AdbyAdby
jro54
smile0303
himbeer29
SnoopGirl
mkpint
mereva
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:05 pm

why do non-spoiler items get posted in the spoiler thread?
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Because the posters often don't think about where to post, I assume. Smile It happens sometimes.
What exactly should I move?
Back to top Go down
lancelot
Shrink turned Chef
Shrink turned Chef

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 pm

I think sometimes when you are replying to a thread you've been talking on (when you get an e-mail notification of a new post) you don't see whether it's a spoiler threat or not. At least that me. I usually go back to the main page and check but not always.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Makes sense...you don't have to move anything! Thanks!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Smile
Back to top Go down
jro54
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
jro54

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:21 am

I have had lots of PMs saying that I post something that’s off-topic. I try to stay on topic…but sometimes I just get so carried away discussing something with another poster…that I don’t always pay attention to what thread I’m posting in. You know…it’s really hard to stay on topic because there are so many things to talk about now. I’m not an angry person that just gets angry when people disagree with me, post things to start fights with people…or to cause problems. I’m only here because I like to talk about my favorite show. I mind m own business...now. I was just wondering (...and this might seem like a stupid question)...if you accidentally post somethings a few times that don’t really have to with the topic…but you don’t realize that you are doing it…would that go towards a strike that would eventually get you kicked off this forum?
Back to top Go down
crashoveride
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:58 pm

jro54 wrote:
I have had lots of PMs saying that I post something that’s off-topic. I try to stay on topic…but sometimes I just get so carried away discussing something with another poster…that I don’t always pay attention to what thread I’m posting in. You know…it’s really hard to stay on topic because there are so many things to talk about now. I’m not an angry person that just gets angry when people disagree with me, post things to start fights with people…or to cause problems. I’m only here because I like to talk about my favorite show. I mind m own business...now. I was just wondering (...and this might seem like a stupid question)...if you accidentally post somethings a few times that don’t really have to with the topic…but you don’t realize that you are doing it…would that go towards a strike that would eventually get you kicked off this forum?

from what i can tell here by you posting this so everyone can see and not just send a pm to the admin and mods is that you are trying to create problems and well from what i read on TFF from day today this is your fav past time, if this is the biggest problem you have in your life i am happy for you, if not really i mean really come on
Back to top Go down
dukefan2010
Administrator
dukefan2010

Location : At the intersection of my inbox is out of control and I haven’t had a day off since 3rd grade!

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Please be respectful of your fellow posters
Back to top Go down
crashoveride
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:05 pm

i dont think i said anything that was disrespectful i only said the truth, i feel there is a difference between disrespectful and telling the truth she is a user that has to comment on everything and repeat her self so many times and change her mind from post to post. I think this site would be better off without people like her, she has to think something how much work goes in to this place my the admins and the mods the site doesn't run it self
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 pm

MOD WARNING

ATTACKS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BOARD. Inciting posts are also not allowed and will be deleted.
Please don't try to start fights. Otherwise you will be banned!
Back to top Go down
crashoveride
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 pm

mereva mereva mereva you know you agree with me but i will take your warning and work with it Smile
Back to top Go down
jro54
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
jro54

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm not trying to cause problems..or attack anyone on this board. I just had a question. I know I should PM one of you guys... but I can't PM anyone...so I thought that this would be the best place to post my question...
Back to top Go down
AdbyAdby
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist
AdbyAdby

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:50 pm

well said jro Smile i think at times we all get on each other nerves but at the end of the day we are all here because we all love Bones
Back to top Go down
jro54
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
jro54

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 pm

thanks...so I guess I can't any warnings just for kind of accidently posting something that's off topic? I'm not complaining about the mods for sending PMs for posing something that's off-topic. You guys make the rules. You can do whatever you want. I know it sounds like a stupid question...but I'm just asking if I'm trouble for accidently posting something off-topic a few times.
Back to top Go down
dukefan2010
Administrator
dukefan2010

Location : At the intersection of my inbox is out of control and I haven’t had a day off since 3rd grade!

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:41 pm

jro54 wrote:
I know I should PM one of you guys... but I can't PM anyone.
You can PM now.
Back to top Go down
KrazySocks
Squintern
Squintern
KrazySocks

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:21 am

who picked nigel murray as the squintern icon?? CMON
Back to top Go down
RubyRuby
Administrator
RubyRuby

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:48 am

The members did.
Back to top Go down
Phoebe
Entomologist
Entomologist
Phoebe

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Why is it okay to disparage posters with this icon? :indifferent

I realize the sentiment it expresses, but there are occasions its usage comes off as negative. Someone obviously cares about their post or they wouldn't post it. I am trying to understand.
Back to top Go down
RubyRuby
Administrator
RubyRuby

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:27 pm

Are you referring to a particular post? If so, could you please PM me the link to the thread that it is in.

The emoticon stands for 'indifference'. Could you please explain why you feel that it is offensive?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:43 am

This wasn't directed at me, but I'll put in my two cents . It depends on the usage of the smiley. I personally haven't seen it used in a negative way but I'm not here that often.

but honestly if I got a response to my post that says " who gives a F**K" it doesn't say "indifference" to me, it says that the poster disagrees with me and doesn't value or care that I have an opinon and can't find any kind of eloquent way to say it .The rules say everyones opinion's are valid and not allowed to be mocked or disparaged so there doesn't really seem to be a proper usage for that smiley.
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:41 am

I've used it in response to a topic - Like "GMMR: SN says... blahblah . " I haven't seen it used in response to a poster. I think if it is and we don't catch it, please PM a mod and point the post out. We can deal with the individual poster then.

I think it's sarcastic. We have the puking smileys (this makes me sick) and the head banging against the wall smiley (angry and frustrated) and thw eye-rolling smiley (like, whatever/unbelievable). The smiley in question - to me - conveys, "I'm beyond getting angry at this/why should I care as it changes nothing." That's fine in response to a quote from a showrunner, or feelings about the content of an article. But NOT on response to another poster's ideas or comments.

Like I said, please pm me or any mod if you see that occur.

Thanx
Back to top Go down
Mommahurley
Psychologist
Psychologist
Mommahurley

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:28 pm

I think it and a lot of other smileys are used way too often as a way to pile on or express aliegence with another poster without really making a point of their own.

I don't usually like them when they are used in this way, and I see this a lot.

This particuar one is distressing to me becuase it uses a swear word to be really snarky.. even though it is disguised.

I'm not one for censoring too much...but these has been a very vocal push toward hating on all things Bones storyline, or HH related and it's used often in relation to these subjects. In those cases I think it's kind of offensive as well as when it's used to pile on in agreement or disagreement with a poster. Now before I'm accused of attacking anyone, let me say I've been there as well, I've been feeling very negative, at times, but I always tried to let others speak and have their say... I've made a concious decision to stop overstating the negative and look for positives because I care about this forum and I can see that too much negativity when the majority are feeling hopeful, can bring things down, discourage new posters, and often is perceived as BAITING! Whle everyone was upset about Hannah it was inevitable, but it feels as though we need to move on and start to be a little bit supportive of the show we all claim to love rather than answering every hopeful poster with completely negative attacks.

I think that there are a whole lot of people lurking out there who would like to post, but are intimidated by the really snarky and kind of mean spirited judgment that's displayed toward the show and the writers! It seems that it's digressed down to just a few posters on here even though we have a large membership, becuase they feel that they don't want to get caught up in the drama. I for one wouldn't mind seeing it go.
Back to top Go down
Phoebe
Entomologist
Entomologist
Phoebe

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Mommahurley wrote:
I think it and a lot of other smileys are used way too often as a way to pile on or express aliegence with another poster without really making a point of their own.

I don't usually like them when they are used in this way, and I see this a lot.

This particuar one is distressing to me becuase it uses a swear word to be really snarky.. even though it is disguised.

I'm not one for censoring too much...but these has been a very vocal push toward hating on all things Bones storyline, or HH related and it's used often in relation to these subjects. In those cases I think it's kind of offensive as well as when it's used to pile on in agreement or disagreement with a poster. Now before I'm accused of attacking anyone, let me say I've been there as well, I've been feeling very negative, at times, but I always tried to let others speak and have their say... I've made a concious decision to stop overstating the negative and look for positives because I care about this forum and I can see that too much negativity when the majority are feeling hopeful, can bring things down, discourage new posters, and often is perceived as BAITING! Whle everyone was upset about Hannah it was inevitable, but it feels as though we need to move on and start to be a little bit supportive of the show we all claim to love rather than answering every hopeful poster with completely negative attacks.

I think that there are a whole lot of people lurking out there who would like to post, but are intimidated by the really snarky and kind of mean spirited judgment that's displayed toward the show and the writers! It seems that it's digressed down to just a few posters on here even though we have a large membership, becuase they feel that they don't want to get caught up in the drama. I for one wouldn't mind seeing it go.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
Phoebe
Entomologist
Entomologist
Phoebe

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:26 pm

treble wrote:
This wasn't directed at me, but I'll put in my two cents . It depends on the usage of the smiley. I personally haven't seen it used in a negative way but I'm not here that often.

but honestly if I got a response to my post that says " who gives a F**K" it doesn't say "indifference" to me, it says that the poster disagrees with me and doesn't value or care that I have an opinon and can't find any kind of eloquent way to say it .The rules say everyones opinion's are valid and not allowed to be mocked or disparaged so there doesn't really seem to be a proper usage for that smiley.

I agree. "Who gives a F$%&?" is a stronger than indifference. Treble, you've said it well. I think this smiley gives people a pass to be rather flippant toward something they disagree with. It's quick and painless. I've been there with shows, felt so let down by a show that I couldn't find anything positive. My example is Grey's Anatomy. I simply stopped watching and visiting Grey's forums. The negative vibe around this forum keeps me away some days. I check to see if there are any new spoilers and then I leave. Maybe that's the tone of this forum? A negative anything-Bones-bashing forum. It's tough to sort through the negative some days. And I don't believe many posters mean to be that way. Most are simply sad about the direction of their once favorite show.
Back to top Go down
joybrennan
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:40 pm

So long as being flippant isn't directed at another poster it's allowed. I really hope we are not going to start another positive vs negative "war." The forum is here to discuss and debate all points of view about the show. If a poster is uncomfortable with the tone of discussions he/she can retreat to the optimistic or pessimistic threads. The point is, there is space for vary different opinions about the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Questions Or Comments for the Moderator - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next