The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TFF seems to be HACKED!

Go down 
+3
Admin
Beliskner
pro_accou
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pro_accou
Squintern
Squintern

TFF seems to be HACKED! Empty
PostSubject: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Dear board members, here is Mereva.

It seems that out site has been HACKED.
Please try NOT TO LOG IN for now (that's why I write from a probe account that we created during earlier server issues and not from my own - don't want to use my admin login.)

We didn't change our host server neither did we receive any notification that we have to pay another annual fee. Please be patient, we are making everything to solve this problem.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me (my email from this account isn't working but the one from my original account surely does.)
Back to top Go down
Beliskner
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
Beliskner

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:53 pm

as far as I know, forumotion is a really really hard forum to hack

4umer.net seems to be affiliated with forumotion, it's either a very well done phishing site... but I seriosuly doubt it.

The whole point would be to get an admin password as fast as possible so you can destroy a website.

TFF seems to be HACKED! Lolcat___Computer_Eating_by_Tenkyougan
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:07 pm

HI all, just letting you know that there's an issue with a hosting server, it's getting fixed now and should be working again soon.
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Beliskner wrote:
as far as I know, forumotion is a really really hard forum to hack
You wish! It is quite simple, I know at least 2 forumotion sites that were hacked. One of them 3(!) times in a row, and that during a month.

But now we have our forum back. Very Happy

Last edited by mereva on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi all, we are now back up and running correctly. we are sorry for any issues this created and want to thank you all for your patience. We have removed adds (advertising) for a month.
Back to top Go down
mereva
Administrator
mereva

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:36 pm

So, just in case: if we ever have such a glitch again, please do not login and notify admins or mods. We don't run money, so usually forum hacks are all about collecting personal data, emails and so on. Or just to damage. unhappy Not nice but it's internet...
Back to top Go down
RubyRuby
Administrator
RubyRuby

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:23 pm

@Beliskner: Believe me, it isn't that hard. Some of the things you come across on the forum of forums can makes you paranoid, and extra vigilant.
Back to top Go down
Beliskner
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
Beliskner

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:55 pm

I run a game related forum and we had a few tries but never a succesful hack
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:33 pm

@Beliskner: running a forum, I'm sure you appreciate the necessity to be pro-active, and safeguard something that you've worked hard for Smile

Thank you, again everyone, for being patient.
Back to top Go down
Beliskner
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist
Beliskner

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Admin wrote:
@Beliskner: running a forum, I'm sure you appreciate the necessity to be pro-active, and safeguard something that you've worked hard for Smile

Thank you, again everyone, for being patient.

ow yes definiatly, I would prob smash something if we got hacked Cool,
Back to top Go down
geraghtyvl
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
geraghtyvl

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks so much for fixing...I was going through withdrawal!!!
Back to top Go down
marple
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:25 am

Thanks for all your hard work. worship
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFF seems to be HACKED!   TFF seems to be HACKED! Empty

Back to top Go down

TFF seems to be HACKED!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Founding Fathers :: Message from the Mod-
Jump to: