The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.
The Founding Fathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bones Fanfiction Pet Peeves

Go down 
+14
MorWeb
DDC
Bluestocking Inc
dukefan2010
ReginaPhalange
joybrennan
SnoopGirl
jro54
Number 8
madrean
mereva
bonesfan158
Ziggy
Beliskner
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
King_RM
Entomologist
Entomologist
King_RM

Bones Fanfiction Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bones Fanfiction Pet Peeves   Bones Fanfiction Pet Peeves - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:23 am

Ah! Where has this thread been all my life?! Finally a chance to bitch and nitpick about this crap that annoys the ever living hell out of me! THANK YOU!

Okay, where to start...Booth calling Brennan "Tempe" WTF is up with that?! Temperance is okay as long as it's sparingly used - he's done it in the show to underscore what he's saying is important.

Max as the scary as shit dad who has Booth pissing himself - please! They had one fight and Booth actually went easy on Max (Max had to give him a cheap-shot in the balls 'cause he was already ON THE GROUND for cryin' out loud). Plus Max has killed, what, two or three men that we know of right? Big whup. Booth is a combat and special forces veteran, he's killed over 58 men, gone one-on-one against the most dangerous psychopaths, and when an author writes him like some namby pamby who's shittin' himself because he's got to talk to Max about his relationship with Brennan, well, color me unimpressed.

Saint Parker stories, those get my goat too. He's a kid, okay, he's a good kid but still, he's a little shit disturber, not a saint who's going to worship Brennan, idolize Booth, and never get in trouble. I like it when an author writes him like a regular kid doing regular kid things - Squinttoyou is great at this.

Bad grammar, bad spelling, unbelievable writing...okay, I've written some pretty far out stuff but I at least establish a premise for it!

BEGGING FOR REVIEWS or, worse HOLDING THE STORY HOSTAGE - either of those is damn near enough for me to walk away.

Oh, and Rape stories. I will admit that there have been one or two great stories that pushed me out of my comfort zone involving rape - Suspects in the Suite was one that I loved even though I couldn't read the chapter with the rape (and the rape wasn't even explicitly described!), but I find most rape stories unreadable - it's not necessarily the way the act is written up, it's more how the aftermath is handled. Anyone writing a "Magic Healing Cock" rape story is off my reading list.

king RM
Back to top Go down
melvbb
Assistant
Assistant
melvbb

Bones Fanfiction Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bones Fanfiction Pet Peeves   Bones Fanfiction Pet Peeves - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Ditto and ditto. Twisted Evil You guys nailed pretty much all my pet peeves. I only have a couple more to add but first:
What’s up with the quality of Bones fan fiction lately????????????????????????
Now to the pet peeves:
Although I agree that many of the writers of ff are under 21, could they at least make an effort to be on character or do a little research at least?
For instance:
• The "gang" goes "clubbing" and they have shots - and that the whole story my friends, the shots, they get drunk, they have their way with each other and that’s it. It’s not even SMUT!!!!
• The "gang" goes out to lunch and they have to "punch out"…they will get reprimanded if they are late from lunch, Cam is the boss and she is mad because the employees are late from lunch, etc etc...hum....
• Babies and weddings, in general. Don’t kill me , I do. Also, Auntie Tempe, Grandpa Max…Arghhhhhh why the auntie and grandpa…why?????????????????????????????????????
• Brenna sleeping: have you notices that Brennan sleeps a lot on fanfic? I mean that poor woman cannot have a normal conversation that she falls sleeps and then guess what?... Booth does not want to wake her up so he takes her in “his strong arms”, and changes her into her pajamas…while having X-rated thoughts of course….cause she is soooo hot!
I know I have more, I will keep adding.

Back to top Go down

Bones Fanfiction Pet Peeves
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2